FLORENCE COURT HOUSE
Early eighteenth century plans for a sumptuous mansion named after his wife Florence Bourchier Wray were drawn up by Sir John Cole lately titled Baron Mount Florence.
The present day Florence Court House was completed between 1756 and 1764 by the Baron`s son, William Cole, the first Earl of Enniskillen. Florence Court became a National Trust property in 1953 when Viscount Cole, son of the 5th Earl of Enniskillen officially handed over the keys of the family seat.
Set in peaceful parkland in the lea of Benaughlin mountain, the mansion today attracts visitors who may admire the rococo decoration and fine Irish furniture of the interior.
The grounds offer glorious walks, pleasure gardens, a working water powered sawmill, the Florence Court Yew tree, the parent of all Irish yews, and a walled garden which in 2014 was visited by the Duke and Duchess of Cornwall.
028 6634 8249