ENNISKILLEN ARCHITECTURAL LANDMARKS
The twin spires of St. Michael`s Roman Catholic church and St. Macartan`s cathedral dominate the town centre where the main street actually changes name six times - Belmore Street, East Bridge Street, Townhall Street, High Street, Church Street and Darling Street.
Enniskillen Castle with its magnificent Watergate was built 600 years ago by the Gaelic Maguires and later became an English garrison fort and military barracks. Today it houses the Fermanagh County Museum and the Inniskillings regimental museum which are currently in re-development and from Spring 2016 will become a world class visitor attraction as the Heritage Gateway to Fermanagh. Beyond the West Bridge leading to Portora Royal School, which was founded by Royal Charter in 1608, is Willoughby Place, a terrace of listed buildings with Georgian fanlights and wrought iron balconies.